Skilled migration underwent extensive changes on 17/4/2017, most of which will be implemented from 1/3/2018. Be sure to ask our agents to assess your specific circumstances and to advise how these changes affect you.
Some changes include:
- new skilled lists
- caveats on certain occupations
- removal of more than 200 occupations from the skilled lists
- new Temporary skilled visa to replace the sc457 from 1/3/2018
- age ceiling lowered to under 45 for permanent skilled (e.g. sc186 Direct Entry & sc187 Direct Entry from 1/7/2018)
- Limited pathway to permanent residency
Australian citizenship. The proposed changed announced on 20/4/2017, did not pass the Senate, meaning the Citizenship Act effective pre the 20/4/2017 proposed changed announcement, is still valid.