[toggle_item title=”457 Sponsorship visas” active=”true”]
A 457 visa is a temporary visa (1 day to 4 years) allowing skilled workers be to nominated by an approved Standard Business Sponsor to fill skills shortages in Australia.
Many migrants use this temporary option to gain entrance to Australia however it is not without risk. In the event that the employer experiences any financial problems or there are any reasons for cancelling the sponsorship, the visa holder will have to secure another sponsor within 90 days to take over the existing nomination, or depart from Australia.
- Employer-sponsored subclass 457 visa for overseas workers
- Nomination by approved Australian business unable to source skills locally
- Occupations found in ANZSCO skills levels 1-3 on skilled list SOL and some skills level 4 on CSOL
- Temporary worker intakes under subclass 457 provisions are uncapped, fluctuating with Australian economy movements
- Can change sponsors during visa validity (new nomination is required by an approved sponsor)
- Pathway to Permanent Residency for eligible visa holders