Visitor Visas

[toggle_item title=”Work Visas” active=”true”]

Holders of tourists visas (like all tourists and parents) are expected to maintain extended periods of absence between visits to Australia.

Visitor visa (subclass 600) allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends, or perform short term business related activities.

This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than 3 months.

This visa is available to passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia, or in Australia and want to extend their stay as a visitor.

Certain tourists are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.

Parents of Australian citizens and Australian Permanent Residents

From 24/11/2012 parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents will be able to apply for Tourist visas to visit Australia for longer

Tourist visas of up to 5 years validity providing a stay of up to 12 months out of every 18 months on each entry to those parents who are outside Australia and are in the Parent visa queue.

Tourist visas of up to 3 years validity with 12 month stay on each entry for parents who are outside Australia and are not in the Parent visa queue.

Health insurance cover will be required to cover any healthcare costs during their stay.

Condition on visa will limit applications for further on-shore visas.

Employer sponsored visas allow skilled offshore workers to work and stay in Australia.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.