The Citizenship legislation provides for several eligibility options, waivers, and exemptions.
Under the general eligibility, if you are aged 18 and older you must:
- Be in Australia for 4 years and
- Hold at least permanent residency for 12 months and
- Not have been offshore for 12 months or more cumulatively in the 4 years, and
- Not have been offshore for more than 90 days cumulatively in the 12 months prior to citizenship application.
- Children under age 16 do not have to satisfy the general residency requirement.
Contact us to discuss your specific circumstances.